Wednesday, November 27, 2002

Love

You know what the worlds biggest stress reliever is? The sound of Jo's voice. There just seems to be this magical quality about it.

I can be having the most rotten day of my life, and pick up the phone, hear Jo's voice, and it all melts away. It is truly amazing. It happened last night. There were a hundred billion people in my room, it was noisy, I was trying to work on my paper, and out of nowhere my phone rings. It was my Jo. I left the room, called her back, and every care just flew out the window. Stress level went down to zero, and my patience level went up. It was awesome.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails... And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8, 13 (NIV)

I think this is my new favorite verse in the bible. It describes exactly how I feel about love. It takes my feelings and puts them into words. It is like finding that perfect card for someone, that expresses your feelings perfectly, except this does it so much better. I never knew it could be put into words. When I first read it yesterday, I was struck dumb. I couldn't believe it.

I think I am in a really lovey mood today. It is a nice feeling, though it does make me miss jo. I like having days like these and being able to share them with her. It is like a special connection. One even more so than usual.

I miss Mama Bean today. And I am going to miss some of my friends here when I leave. It is a nice feeling to know that you will be missed when you leave a place. It makes you feel special.

I love Jo, and I miss her, but only for 15 more sleeps. Yay!

Now to go out into the fun and exciting world of CBC...

No comments: