Monday, January 23, 2006

Election Day

So...
The Liberals want to take my guns away.
The Conservatives think that if you are rich you should get excellent health care, if you are poor you may as well die and quit being a drain on society.
The NDP think we should fill up the government with immigrants.
And the Green Party is just a bunch of pot smoking hippies, who happen to get votes because people don't know any better and throw their votes away by voting green.
So what did I do? Confused the shit out of my grumpy neighbour who was manning my polling station. How? By handing him back the ballot and telling him I find all the candidates unsuitable. This caught him completly off guard, and at first he said I couldn't do that. I had to choose one. Or spoil it. Then he got all flustered and said I wasn't allowed to discuss this with him, and to go to the booth and vote.
So I went there, unfolded it, folded it back up and returned it. I don't think it counts as a spoiled ballot, at least there is no mention of that in the Elections Act, and I'm counted as showing up for voting. That's what I wanted.
So we'll see what happens. If the Liberals get in, they will have a minority government again, just like last time and this will all have been a giant waste of money. But if the Conservatives get in, it'll mean this wasn't a giant waste of money, well not technically, but I doubt much will change.
I guess we'll see in the morning. Or I will anyway as I don't want to follow the results as they come in.

No comments: