Thursday, December 03, 2009

New Beginnings

So following my previous post on privacy and such, I have started a new one. Mr. Storage's Closet. I've moved over to the Wordpress host as I'm hoping to move my Twisted Christian blog to my own hosting and run it off a self hosted Wordpress platform.

At the school I worked in, the server room is in a room labeled Storage. And while, it's not a huge deal, it is kind of demoralizing to go to work everyday and have my office labeled "Storage."
When I asked if they could change it, I was told no, because it was a security risk. That they didn't want everyone to know that it was our central computer hub. I can understand that, though every kid in the school knows what is in this "Storage" room. All I wanted was my name on it. It didn't have to say Computer Tech or Server Room or anything.

On the first day of the year, when the grade 12's were giving groups of new grade 9's the tour of the school, they would pass my door and say "this is the server room" or "this is where the computer guy lives." It made me laugh. The "Storage" sign isn't fooling anyone.

The secretaries also thought it dumb that I didn't get my name on the door, and so they started calling my Mr. Storage. They'd use that when paging me, or calling me, and I even started introducing myself to some students as that. Though the first time some kid came up to me and called me Mr. Storage it took everything I had not to burst out laughing.

Please update your links (for those of you that link to me), as you will find me over in my storage closet. I will also be starting to bring all my archives over so it isn't as bare as it is now. I'm also playing around with the theme, so there'll be some changes over the coming days. And I know all the popular blogs write on a specific theme to draw in a particular crowd, but that's never been my way. I'd have a bunch of different blogs then, one for hunting, one for gardening, one for being a dad, one for bass playing, one for religion (well, I have that one, but it's more of a theological type one, which doesn't interest many, so I keep it seperate), etc.. So I'll just keep blogging about life, and if nobody new starts reading, no biggy, that's not why I started blogging in the first place. Though if I do pick up new followers, that's always fun as I like meeting new people and forging new relationships. :)

So come on over to Mr. Storage's Closet and see what I've been up to...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Enter qiu dong, almost every fashion beauty will be necessary pair of black boots, black boots are selected qiu dong da boots first consider sheet is tasted, it not only fashion and very joker, no matter be tie-in skirt outfit, hot pants, or trousers, all with style, classic and trend of black short boots or boots can help to we deal with various occasions, let us through beautiful moment.



........................

Best E-Learning Software said...

Awesome Sharing!
We have an site study8home, Which promised to provide complete e-learning website and software solution and strive for customer satisfaction. Our e-learning software powers your online education with reliability and predictable costs.

Thanks

buy resveratrol said...

It may be a good start for something great!

Groupon Clone Software said...

Nice Post!
I am really glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!

Waterproof IP Camera said...

Hi,
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing!

Guaranteed SEO Services said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks

Pay Per Minute Video Chat Software said...

Nice Post!
I am really glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!

Website Design Services said...

Hi,
We specialize in providing innovate and high quality solutions that helps our clients in gaining an edge over their competitors. We ensure that we have a good understanding of the client's expectations, goals and objectives before developing a project.

Thanks for sharing!

jeremy said...

It's just right. Plain and simple.

www.seatcoversunlimited.com