Thursday, June 30, 2005

Update on the housing situation

In order to not trap my 18 y.o. brother into having to stick around for a year, potentially limiting his options just b/c I want to own a house.
So my parents are going to buy it. Technically it will be theirs, theoretically it will be mine. They are able to get a much better interest rate, lower lawyer fees, and can put down a bigger downpayment (that I can pay back later).
It does mean that I can buy a house as opposed to a condo though. Which is super awesome! I've been looking at places down in Mckenzie Lake/Town, or Douglasdale, etc... I like the places way down there. They are close to Deerfoot, so I don't have to deal with bad traffic heading east or west, are fairly new (mid 90's), so I don't have to deal with the problems that older houses develop, or the shittyness of the newer homes (which are being slapped together so fast, they are already falling apart). I like McKenzie Lake the best b/c then I have glorified pond access, as well as being right next to Fish Creek Park
We'll see what happens though. My dad is talking to the bank about a morgage today. I could have something next month, or maybe in October. I'm so excited. I can't wait to have my own place. Derek might move out with me too, which would make the morgage payments even easier.
Work is slow today; the joys of Sunday's and Thursdays. I've been idle for almost 30 min, and of the 40 ppl on the floor 23 ppl are idle. It's kinda nice. I also passed my test, so I have completed my training and have been officially hired. No more stressing for me. I still get a little nervous when I come to work...but it isn't nearly as bad as before.
All this happiness is going to get to my head.

4 comments:

h said...

Plus, you'd be close to Kari's mom. Very exciting.

tari said...

oops, sorry... not sure how that happened.

tari said...

Hooray! There are some adorable little houses on Mt. Lorette and the adjacent streets. Plus there are townhouse type ones near the intersection of 130 ave and Mt. Mckenzie Drive. But remember this: Douglasdale stinks. Literally.
So very exciting! Congrats.

christopher said...

and I got so excited when it said i had 4 comments...;)
why does douglasdale stink?