Tuesday, November 01, 2005

the new haricut

Remember back in grade school, when you got a haricut everybody noticed? That's what it is like when someone buys new workboots. I bought a new pair of workboots on the weekened. Pretty nondescript, black work boots, with a bit of yellow, nothing out of the ordinary. Except that EVERYBODY noticed. They parts guy, all the guys I work with, even the guys at Purolator that I see everyday when I go up there. It was a very strange experience. So I asked my dad about it, a guy who's been an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) for the past 25ish years. And yeah, when someone gets new workboots everyone notices. He compared it to a kid getting a new haircut.
What a strange new world I have entered and am becoming a part of.

1 comment:

selfrequiem said...

Once I sold a toolbox to a guy who asked us to drag it along the warehouse floor before we delivered it to him, so he wouldn't have to deal with everyone commenting on how new it looked. The whole thing reminded me of recess.