Wednesday, October 25, 2006

That hurt

So today I made a left turn that cost me $172. :(

I was looking for this pawn store on Whore Alley....errr 17th Ave. that apparently has a bunch of airtools on sale. I missed my turn, so I turned off, and was going to make a loop when I turned down this street, and Mr. Cop waves me to the side. Me and 4 others. Turns out that between 3:30 and 8, left turns onto that street are illegal. And there are 2 signs that were supposedly telling me so. Too bad in my flustered state I completely missed them. Apparently so did all these other people. So we all got served with this huge ass fucking ticket.

I guess I kinda have it coming, Karma style. See I speed all the time. Well not ALL the time. But 75% of the time. The remainder being the time I'm stuck in rush hour traffic and not able to. I haven't gotten a speeding ticket since last May, and that was just due to my lack of attention b/c it was photo radar. So I am kinda just getting my just desserts. But still...I could be going pretty fricking fast to get a 172 dollar ticket. This blows.

So anyway, that was the most expensive left turn of my life.

(oh, and i'm using blogger beta now, i hope it doesn't change anything)

1 comment:

one smarmy mama said...

ok maybe you can explain to me how cops pull over more than one person at a time........I've seen it a couple of times and it WEIRDS ME OUT. I mean, what if one person says "Screw this, I'm not stopping". Do they chase that guy and let the law abider get away or do they let the runner get away or..???