Monday, February 12, 2007

A little bit of insight

The gates of manhood are guarded by the demons of men's souls, and those demons differ for each man. That is the test of manhood; to find what those demons are, and then to slay them. That is the only way the gates can be made to open. My demon is that I am not sure if I am the man I want to be.

You cannot know who you are or what you are capable of until you face adversity. You cannot know the strength of the steel you hold until it strikes something solid. And you cannot know what kind of man you are until you look hardship and difficulty in the eye, face it, and rise to it's challenge. Without that test, you just don't know.

1 comment:

Proud Military Girlfriend said...

And you haven't faced that test yet?

Keepin ya in my prayers lil buddy