Thursday, March 29, 2007

Happy

So tomorrow I do the walk-through for our new house! And in 5 weeks and 2 days I'll be married. It's all coming up so fast.

But whereas that last post was all about stress, this one is all about happiness. B/c I am happy right now. I have tomorrow off to walk-through my house, and clean. We'll see how clean it is, but I think I'm going to rent a carpet cleaner, and start with that. I want stuff to be clean before I move everything in next weekend.

The class I taught in Regina went fairly well. Once I started teaching, I learned how poorly laid out the courseware I was teaching is laid out. The people I taught were cool, and it was a neat place to go. I spent 2 days teaching the class, and the third day working on implementation stuff with their IT guy. The best part of being in Regina though was the fact that I got to hang out with friends. People I don't see very often.

I stayed with Kari and James, who were gracious enough to put me up for the nights. In exhange I took them for all you can eat rib tips. On the company bill of course. We ate so much that combined with light eating for meals, I was full for the next 2 days. Kari and James are so great to hang out with. They are one of the coolest couples I know. They are just so much fun. The things they say and do, their quirkyness (both with each other and in general). I just like them, and had a great time staying there.

I also got to see my buddy Andrew, whom I went to CBC with. It was awesome to see him again. He is getting married 3 weeks after us in May, to his beautiful fiancee Starla. We started hanging out at CBC (Canadian Bible College) as our mindset was quite similar. We were equally annoyed with the Christian bubble, and those within it, and I found it nice to hang out with someone "real" after dealing with them all day.

My rental car was pretty sweet as well, which was a nice perk. I had asked for a small/mid-size car, but they didn't have any. He was going to give me a Chrysler 300, but that would have been an extra charge, though he could upgrade me to an SUV for free. So I snagged a 2 year old Jeep Liberty to cruise around it. It is a nice ride. And a little warning to you guys, never buy from a rental company. People drive rentals like they wouldn't drive their own. I didn't do anything terribly crazy, drove over some curbs and shit, but nothing nuts. This is just a general rule I've learned from driving with ppl in rentals over the years.

Overall it was an awesome trip. I didn't get a whole lot of sleep, and was very stressed, and happy it is done with. Now to get moved and married. :)

Oh, and I'm going to Orlando in 2 weeks. Weeeeeeee!

I'll post some interior pics soon. I'll take lots tomorrow.

No comments: