Friday, October 12, 2007

Credit given, where credit due...right?

You know what would be awesome?

If people stopped taking FUCKING CREDIT FOR THE FUCKING SHIT THAT I DO.

I'm the IT guy. Most people don't know what I do, or just how vital a role I play. I work behind the scenes. I keep your computers running. I keep you programs running smoothly. I keep you connected to the network and the internet, and make sure you can print. I am the maintainer of the heartbeat of the office.

Where I work, along with all of that, I also implement new policies for our data management system, am the administrator of our Client Relations Management Database, devise new, more efficient ways to run things, write little programs that decrease the amount of work people have to do, and take about 50% of the tech calls that come into the office.

But do I get credit for any of that no. Why? Probably because I don't speak up and tell everyone. I just quietly go around doing my business, content with the fact that what I'm doing is making everyone else's life easier.

But this past week I've been swamped with work. Up to my eyeballs getting a whole bunch of shit done for this morning. I was supposed to be rolling out this new way of doing things this week, but I've been so swamped with everything that I haven't had a chance yet. So other people are jumping on it, and under the guise of helping me, they get all the credit for all my ideas and work.

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!? SERIOUSLY!!

Just another little way I am getting fucked over here...

No comments: