Thursday, June 29, 2006

Interviews

So I went for a job interview today. I had applied at this place about a month ago and never heard anything back. Yesterday they leave me a message to call them. I call back at 8:30 this morning, and have an interview at 10:30. Yay for efficiency.
So at 10:30 I'm normally working, well as close to working as I can be at this job. Since I'm on my own I decide to take my lunch at 10 and go to the interview.
I pull up in my company van and filthy coveralls and go into the shop. The interview consists of us standing around a filthy desk in the midst of everyone working. Parts of the coversation are inaudible b/c of the surrounding noise. The interview ends with him telling me he'll call me tomorrow and let me know what the starting wage is, if I find it acceptable I start in 2 weeks.
I love trade job interviews. None of this preppy bullshit, no dressing up, or dealing with bullshit, answering dumb questions like "what is something about you that you don't like" or "what would you bring to this organization."

It will be nice when I'm finally done with the trades though, all things considered.

No comments: