Thursday, December 07, 2006

E-mail Fun

I have started replying to these bogus e-mails that I receive. I am sure that I will not receive a response of any sort, but it amuses me, so I continue. They are especially amusing when they come in from one e-mail address, and my reply is sent to another address.

Here is todays:

----- Original Message -----
From: Donald Piaskowski
Date: Thursday, December 7, 2006 7:36 am
Subject: IMPORTANT MESSAGE

>
>
> Dear sir/Madam,
>
> I have the honour and confidence to introduce this business to you
> in view of the fact that you are trustworthy and reliable as my
> inquires reveals.
>
> I am Mr. Andrew Clark I work in the Foreign Payment Department of
> the National WestMinster Bank here in London Uk. There is an
> account opened in this bank in 1994 but since 1998 nobody has
> operated on this account again. After a private and intensive
> investigation, I discovered that the owner of this account (Mr.
> Chapman Mark J.) was an oil merchant - a foreigner, who died since
> 1998 without having a beneficiary to this account.
>
> http://cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/WORLD/9809/swissair.victims.list/
> http://cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/WORLD/americas/9809/08/swissair.02/
>
> My investigation proved to me he never informed any of his family
> members about this funds and he also did not have any next of kin
> to the said funds. The amount in this account is Fifty Five
> Million Five Hundred Thousand British Pound sterling. Since no one
> has come forth to claim these funds, the bank management is
> willing to welcome any foreigner who has correct information to
> this Account which I will give upon receipt of your positive
> response towards my proposal. I assure you a 100% that there is no
> risk to this business. After its conclusion I will retrieve all
> documents used in the transfer and destroy them in your presence,
> when I come over to your account base for sharin of funds and
> possible investment.
>
> Sharing will be 30% for you, 05% for any expenses incurred in this
> business and the remaining 65% for me. As soon as I hear from you
> I will put up an annual leave so I could be able to facilitate the
> transfer of this fund to any Account of your choice.
>
> Contact me urgently for the way forward.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Andrew Clark.
>


Mr Clark,

Thank you for contacting me, I am very interested in your proposal. I am questioning your identity though. The e-mail came in from a Donald Piaskowski, with the e-mail address dgtalaska@gci.net (to whom I have cc'd this e-mail. The return address on this e-mail is to a certain Andrew Clark, of andrewclark1900@yahoo.com.hk. Why would someone with the Foreign Payment Department of the National WestMinster Bank in London UK be using a Hong Kong yahoo account?

Do you see why there is a hesitation on my part?

If you could clarify this, we could then proceed with the transaction. Though I do find 2.8 million in expenses is a little over the top, and I don't see why you are entitled to 65%, while I only get 30%. I do believe we shall have to discuss this matter.

Also, what is with the broken English? Are you not an Englishman? I would expect this type of language from someone say from Hong Kong, but not a fellow working in a bank in London, England.

Please get back to me so that we can discuss this further,

Chris

1 comment:

Proud Military Girlfriend said...

Wow....You're my hero...but I would also like to add...You have wwwaaayyy to much time on your hands...ESPECIALLY SINCE YOUR LEAVING TO SEE YOUR BEAUTIFUL FIANCEE TOMORROW....AAAHHHHH....I"M SO EXCITED FOR YOU...WOOT WOOT...HAPPY DANCE ALL AROUND!!!