Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Shitstorm begins

So my little brother got his first taste of combat last night it would seem. There was an attack last night leaving 60-70 taliban dead. No NATO soldiers were injured. And the tanks were out in full force, and since there are only 8 of them and he's a gunner in one of them, he would have been part of the action. It was a pretty vague article, so hopefully more comes out this week.

The tanks were moved to the front lines on Saturday.

This is the first time Canadian tanks have fired in battle since the Korean War.

This is some footage of the tanks over there.
I like to think the tank at 40 seconds is his, it looks the coolest. And i THINK thathe is the tall one behind the crate at 42 seconds.




These are some combat footage that some guy took over there over a period of a few days with this same group of guys from Edmonton. It's hard to believe that it is actually war over there. Not just peacekeeping. (I like the second one best)







1 comment:

Proud Military Girlfriend said...

Hey...I'm glad you and I both agree second 42 is MY HOTTIE!!! YAY!!! I LOVE HIM!!!....and then there were the other videos...I told you I wouldn't watch them....but I did...You know what?...It resulted in me sitting on the bottom on the hotel bathtub with the shower pouring down on my shoulders...and me just staring at the wall until 1am....ugh...this is going to be a long 3 more months...