Thursday, January 08, 2009

Ugh

My body disgusts me. It has for a while now, and I'm finally going to do something about it.

Right now, I am irritable, and grumpy. I'm not really sure why, but I think it's a mix of being out of shape, eating too much, and having a bad bass practice.

I'm 250lbs, and in the worse shape of my life. I still have a decent build, but it is now completely covered. I'm 26, and should be in the prime of my life, so what's going on?

I got lazy. I used to love working out, but now...I'm so out of shape that working out sucks. I can't afford a gym membership, so I have to workout at home. Chinups, pushups, situps, wall-sits, etc... It sucks. I used to be able to rep out chin-ups like there is no tomorrow. I once had to do a presentation on chin-ups. I think I did about 50 of them through-out the presentation, stopping at half-way points, holding it and talking before continuing. Now I can hardly do one.

I know what I need to do to lose the weight, to get back into shape. I exercise, and I eat less. 2 things that I am going to find very difficult. I'm pretty sure I can do the working out part, but the eating less is going to be rather difficult. My will power has gotten weak (but can be built back up), and I love my food.

I can do it though. Mama Bean will help me stay accountable, and I'll track my progress regularly. I can do this, and I will. I'm tired of hating my body. Things need to change.

3 comments:

Greg Glatz (Rock 'n' Roll Preacher) said...

I just saw the Dirty Dancing workout video advertised on TV. Let's order it! We can work out together!

christopher said...

Wouldn't that be quite the sight...lol

Abby said...

Hey you should make a spreadsheet and share with us your progress :D