Monday, October 26, 2009

My New Bass!

Friday was an exciting day. On Friday I bought myself a new bass. :D
It'll look a little something like this (actually exactly like this one):



It is an Fender American Vintage 1962 Reissue Precision Bass in olympic white. It's absolutely gorgeous and I'm going to keep the pickup and bridge covers (the chrome pieces) on. I played one at the store the other day and it's such a beautiful instrument. I bought it from Bass Central down in Florida, and they shipped it via UPS this morning. So exciting! Hopefully be Friday!

I was looking at this one:
It's an Ernie Ball Dargie Delight Stingray. It's absolutely beautiful. The green is mesmerizing, and check out the martini glass inlays in the fretboard. It's one of only 25 made, and the guy only wants $1500. It's a sweet-ass deal, but I'm really looking for that vintage sound of a quality p bass. This stingray is such a quality instrument and so beautiful, but I guess I can't buy a bass strictly on looks, when the p bass has looks AND tone going for it. I like the looks of the Stingray more, but you can't beat a full package. :)

Oh, I can't wait! So exciting...

No comments: