Sunday, June 29, 2003

Happy Thoughts

Climbing on the counter next to the sink to wach my feet after coming in from playing outside.

Building sandcastles on the beach with a moat that ran down to the water. Or digging a hole on the beach deep enough to reach the water.

Watching Sesame Street with that bald black guy, I can't remember his name, but he was pretty cool. Gordon, that was his name. I enjoyed him.

Playing one of the 3 wise men in the Christmas Pageant. Back when I was in grade 1 or 2. It was fun.

Picking potatoes in the backyard of some peoples house that we knew from church and digging up them and playing with the dirt.

Going g.t.ing in grade 12 on Christmas day with the boys. Flying down that hill, in the gravel pit. Piling all of us on the tobbogan and trying to make it down the hill without spilling.

The innocence of childhood.

"You took the words right out of my mouth. It must have been while you were kissing me. And I swear its true, I was just about to say 'I love you.'" -Meatloaf

Listening to 80's music. Sappy love songs. Air Supply, Meatloaf, CCR, Springsteen, etc...

Having the leading roles in plays in school.

Going to the shooting range and getting 8 of 10 shots in the black with 2 bulls eyes.

Swimming in the ocean in Australia. Playing in the waves while the currents push me around.

Long, hot bubble baths in a jacuzzi tub.

Happy thoughts. Sometimes they can really help.

No comments: