Wednesday, June 04, 2003

The Proud Owner of a Library Card

I am now the proud owner of a Calgary Public Library Card. Useable at over 15 public libraries city wide. It allows me to borrow books (over 2,000,000), music CDs, CD-ROMs, videos, books on tape, and back issues of magazines. And, after the first 60 days, I am able to take out unlimited items. I could literally go into the store with a shopping cart and go around picking stuff up, and as long as I return it by the due date, I am fine.

So for a piddly $10 fee, for the next year, I am able to go down to any of the public libraries, and get any book I want. I can take out 100's of dollars worth of books, all because I have, in my possession. *big smile* Think of the adventures I can have. The fun and excitment that I will enjoy over the next year.

And now, for my convenience, they offer e-mail notification when my books are due, when my book I placed on hold, which I can do online, is in, or search the library catalogue from the comfort of my own home.

Yay!

I really want to go and see Meatloaf this summer. It is his final world tour. Then he is going to stop making music and concentrate on acting, unfortunatly. I love the guy and his music, but his acting leaves something to be desired. He is only playing in the states, which either means a 2 day bus ride either way, or coughing up the cash to fly. Just bus alone is $200 plus the price of the concert and the days I miss work. But I really want to go! It is his last tour EVER. But I already don't have enough money to go to school in the fall, so I can't really afford this...but I want to go SO BAD. What to do, what to do...

Time to go and get Jo.

No comments: