Wednesday, June 11, 2003

I am so sore. I spent 8 hours today on my hands and knees dapping (caulking) base boards. By the end of the day my back was beginning to give out and my legs were like jelly. It sucked. But the thought never once crossed my mind that I should quit. I am quite impressed with myself.

Hopefully it doesn't rain or else I will have to do it again tomorrow. We are only half finished. Then we have to go back and paint all the baseboards. If it doesn't rain, we will get to finish the job we started on Tues. Painting. Outside. The funner stuff. I am looking forward to it.

There are only 3 guys on our crew. Me, my boss, and this guy Jordan. Jordan just finished his first year at U of C in business. He is on the U of C football team. He is one of those kids that did awesome in High school, was the star of the football team etc... His dad is a lawyer/part-time judge, his mom a councilor. His older sister is in Law school. At the end of grade 11 he got a brand new mustang. He is a pretty cool guy though. I think this is the first job he has actually had. He has always been too busy playing football. He is fun to work with though.

My boss, Lawrence, has a weird sense of humor. He says things, and we aren’t sure if he is joking or serious. It is a little disconcerting.

I missed Jo’s convocation today’ That sucks. I feel bad. What kind of a boyfriend doesn’t go to his girlfriend’s university convocation? I will try to make it up to her. I just feel really bad about it.

I have written a letter to adidas telling them about my tendonitis and how it was caused by their shoes. I don’t think they will do anything, but just in case’

My ass is really sore, as is my back and my legs and the rest of my body, so I am going to go and lie down and recuperate.

P.S. I hate having to sit here and wait to be able to post this thing. It is rather annoying.

No comments: