Saturday, July 09, 2005

I've been tagged!


Total number of books I own: 178ish*

Last book that I bought/received as a gift that I picked out myself: NO PERFECT PEOPLE ALLOWED: creating a COME AS YOU ARE culture in the CHURCH by John Burke

Last book that I read: The Icewind Dale Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore *i love my fantasy books

5 books that mean a lot to me (in no particular order):
  1. So Far from the Bamboo Grove by Yoko Kawashawa Watkins *it seems like something up your alley h*
  2. NIV Student Bible Edited by Philip Yancey
  3. The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer *WWII, Russian front, German soldier's point-of-view* I own the 1967 edition with a better cover image
  4. More Ready Than You Realize: Evangelism as Dance in the Postmodern Matrix by Brian McLaren
  5. A tie between Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab and A Coffin Full of Dreams by Frisco Hitt *there is very little information on this book and it took me almost a year to find it and order it from some little tiny rare/out-of-print bookstore in the states
Five people I tag to do their own book meme:

Mama Bean (see d-land)
Topher (see d-land)
Keith
Terra
the one you know

*Over 40 of which are Conan, and this doesn't include the 100-200 Conan comics sitting in a box. Also does not include the tons of childerns books that I still own along with my MASSIVE collection of Archie's (as per jo's order).

1 comment:

John said...

I love More Ready than You Realize. Read that one too a few years back, evangelism as dance is so much more effective and relational than some of the other stuff bandied about. Great book selections, I'm gonna check some of these out.