Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Career Change

Hahahaha....once again I am switching jobs. Hopefully for the last time in a few years. I'm getting sick of this, and this one is looking to be right up my alley.
Last week on Wed I sent my resume to a mechanical company here in town in response to an ad online for a Millwright Apprentice. *this is what I used to do prior to bible college and computers*
He called me for an interview that afternoon, I went in for an hour and a half interview Thurs morning, and went in for a 2nd interview (essentially a hiring session) Friday morning.
The job itself will be working with all sort of conveyor systems at various plants here in town. The reason I was hired was for my electronics experience/aptitude. He wants me to become this big electronics guy, which is awesome because it will use some of my millwright training, along with some of my computer training. So along with pulling wrenches and being a grease monkey, I'll be working with electronics, fixing electric forklifts, and doing some PLC (programmable logic controller) programming. This is more the intellectual side of the millwright trade, and trades in general, as much as trades can be intellectual.
So yeah. New job for me. I start on Monday. I'm going for my medical today (which I have to pay $130 for up front and will be reimbursed). Oh, and I get to buy more tools. :) Any guy, and some women, will understand the joy this brings. I just bought myself a grinder, the downside is it cost me $193. As much fun as buying tools is, the cost seems to really overshadow it.
And I HAVE to stay at this job.

No comments: