Tuesday, August 23, 2005

the only one there...

Okay, so I think i was the only person at the John Fogerty/ John Mellencamp concert who DIDN'T know that Fogerty is the former lead singer of CCR. I mean how could I NOT know that?!? Seriously... The concert was fucking amazing. The Fogerty part was like going to a CCR concert, so good. And then Mellencamp. I love this guy. I always have, always will. I've been listening to him for as long as I can remember, and probably before that time as well. He is just amazing. The whole concert was amazing. Except for the opening act. It was uber-lame. But it didn't last long.
So I essentially got 2 full concerts for the price of one (if you consider $80, a price for one).
I just can't get over how amazing it was. Why I don't go to more Classic Rock concerts (other than the fact that there aren't many) is beyond me. They remind me why I love this music so much.
Oh, and I realized, when John Mellencamp walked out on stage, and just stood there while thousands of people cheered him, that I want to be a rockstar. I mean how awesome would that be. Just walk out, look around and have ppl screaming. I've never wanted to be a rockstar, not really anyway. But at that moment, there would have been nothing better. But that isn't going to happen, so I'll settle for playing my bass at church (for which, I still do not have music for this Sunday).
Oh, and it's my birthday today. My Jo's card got here today too. :) And my parents bought me a hard guitarcase and a bottle of Jagermeister. :) Yay for birthdays, even if they are looked over by everyone else in life. The people who truly mean something always come through. :) Yay for good friends and family.
oh...and I'm starting the new harry potter tonight...so excited!

2 comments:

one smarmy mama said...

*lol*
my in laws are totally going to that concert this weekend.

and my husband didn't know either. :)

bbsgirl said...

Happy Belated Birthday.

I love classic rock. I bet that consert was awesome.