Saturday, February 11, 2006

Sad News

This guy I knew from Yellowknife died today. His name was Andrew Lovatt. I was good friends with his older brother Matt, we went to high school and church together. Back when I was just starting high school, round about then, Andrew was in an accident or something, I can't quite remember what, but he went from being a super active, sports oriented teenager, to being wheelchair bound. The doctors said he's never walk again, but low and behold, I think it was less than a year later that he was walking again. He fought his way through it.
But I guess he had an anurism on Wednesday that he never recovered from. He died today. They sent his body to Edmonton this afternoon to donate his organs, and his body will be shipped back to Yellowknife for the funeral and burial.
Andrew was awesome. I can't believe he's gone...

No comments: