Thursday, June 25, 2009

8 years

On Tuesday Mama Bean and I celebrated 8 years together. Well, maybe not so much celebrated, but we realized that it was on that day 8 years previous that we became a couple and have been together ever since.
8 years. 96 months. 3 years of which were long distance with her in the states. That's a long freakin' time. Most marriages don't last that long.
When we first started dating we celebrated every 'monthiversary.' We did it for years; right up until the wedding actually. Since then we haven't done it so much any more, but on the 23rd of each month I still usually think about it.

Back in May it felt weird to tell people that it was our second anniversary as we've been together hella longer than that. And while May 5th, 2007 will always be the official start to our life together, June 23, 2001 will always be the actual day we started spending our life together.

Sometime in the last 8 years Mama Bean and I came up with 1+1=11, two uniquely individual numbers, yet together they make a single number. We were never a fan of 1+1=1 or 1+1=2 as they always seem to lose the fact that we are both still individuals. I wonder what it is when we have our little bean in the fall? :)

I couldn't have met a better woman to marry than Jo. Every morning I wake up, roll over and smile because this wonderful person is in bed next to me. Nothing could make me happier. And to think that by the time our next anniversary rolls around we'll be a family of three. Life doesn't get any better than when you are surrounded with great people that love you.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

actually Chris, 1+1=10,

Congrats though on all the years you've been together and I'm wishing you many more

Trivia Kari said...

With Bean, 1+1+1=111!