Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weight Loss Update

So a little weight loss update.

At the end of March I broke 230, which was 20lbs lost since January. Well I haven't done much since then, and have been hovering between 227 and 232. Well I've decided I want to be 220 by my cousin's wedding on July 4th, and yesterday morning I weighed in at 226. This means I have 6lbs to lose by the end of the month. Last week I lost .4 lbs, so I figure if I kick it up a notch I should be able to drop these 6 lbs in the next three weeks.

I started running a few weeks back, and it's been a little rough, but it is slowly getting better. I've had bad knees since my swimming days growing up, but I find as long as I wear my neoprene knee brace and ice it when I get home I do alright.

I also got the P90X DVD workout program but it is a little too extreme for me still, so I need to continue my fitness plan and then I can start it. It's pretty intense and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

So here goes, 6lbs. I can do that. :)

3 comments:

Mary said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

SkippyMom said...

You can do it Chris! Especially eating all your yummy veggies and working in the garden is good exercise too!

I think it is fabulous you have lost so much since January. Keep up the great work! :)

christopher said...

Sad, and I thought Mary was an actual person. *sigh* Just another diet spammer.

Thanks SkippyMom! The gardening really helps. Especially the hauling two 5 gallon pails of water back and forth from the water tap. Only 25lbs to go.