Friday, June 26, 2009

Hunting

A couple of days ago I found out that our quirky drama teacher is quite into hunting; everything from bow to rifle to muzzleloader. I was talking to him about it this morning, saying that I'm just getting into it, and he invited me out on a 4-day whitetail deer hunt the week before the long weekend. Apparently he has permission to hunt on some land about an hour north of the city and him and some guys go out there every year in the first week of bow hunting season and get some deer. And he invited me! Sweet!
Hunting is a tough thing to get into alone. It's so much easier when you have other people to show you the ropes and get into it, so this would be the perfect time for me. That and he has extra gear like tree stands and blinds, which I don't own yet.
So it's pretty exciting. I'm not sure how I'm going to swing time off for then as it's the week before school starts, but I'm going to see what I can do. It's too good of an opportunity to pass up.

2 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Do y'all have deer seasons where you live.

Here in the US bowhunting season is in Nov. and very limited and then our deer hunting season is in the fall/winter [gun].

Just curious. I hope you have a great time. I grew up hunting but haven't done it since all the kids have been born.

Can't wait to hear all about it. :)

christopher said...

When it comes to deer, we have two seasons in Manitoba. Bow season (and I think muzzle loader) starts August 30th and rifle season starts mid to late November and they run until the end of November. Rifle season is only 2-3 weeks long, which is why I'm happy I'm going bow hunting. I get a significantly longer season.

This will be my first time out since I was about 16.