Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's my birthday!

I enjoy my birthday. Today, I turn 27. Now that may not seem very old to some, but it kind of scares me. Well, it doesn't really scare me as much as it makes me a little more aware of my place in life. Where am I? What am I doing? Am I where I thought I'd be 10 years ago? 10 years ago I'd be just about to enter grade 12. There were big plans and grand ideas floating around in my head of where I'd be by now. Plans and ideas that often changed with the direction of the wind, but plans and ideas nonetheless.

I woke up early this morning so that I could sit and watch the sun rise.



Last night, as I was showering, I decided that I wanted to wake up and watch the sunrise on my birthday. It'll by my last one before I become a dad and want to start recording things.
Some things that I learned this morning before 7:
- A large French Vanilla Cappuccino and a toasted everything bagel with herb and garlic cream cheese is $3.81 at Tim Hortons.
- Though it says sunrise is at 6:30am, the sun is above the horizon by that point. It is already starting to get light out at 5:50am.
- Christy Fabbri of CHVN (the local Christian radio station) is having a baby girl, and is due Sept 12th. Today will be her last time hosting Power Praise.

I'm not sure what today'll bring. Probably some weeding in the garden, maybe a trip to the beach, dinner at Montana's (mmm...ribs!), and church this morning.

It felt really good to get up early and head out for a little drive. Watching the sun rise is such an amazing thing. It's too bad my wife isn't much of a morning person, or I'd drag her out of bed to enjoy it with me. All-the-same, it's nice to have those moments to sit there, totally alone, lost in my thoughts, watching the world unfold before me.

1 comment:

jonkramer said...

They say it's your birthday.
It's my birthday too, yeah!

You just inspired me to take a ride out to watch the sunrise for my 27th on September 4th... if the weather's good... I'm a bit of a suck.
Did you get my email address?