Sunday, August 09, 2009

More land!

So I have been offered more land to hunt on! :)

My dad has a cousin who owns some land (1/4 section) down around Pilot Mound, about 2 hours south west of here. It's mostly farm land, but there are some trees and such for the deer to bed down in. I'm not sure what they have in the way of deer, but.../shrug. As long as there is something. :D Apparently there are a bunch of guys that hunt the land during rifle season, but during archery season, it's just me. :D

That gives me from August 31st until October 18 before the guns come out. Well, muzzleloader season starts sometime around the beginning October, but come that point bean will be almost here, and I probably shouldn't be heading out for the weekend in the middle of nowhere.

I'm kinda nervous about going hunting for the first time, though. There's a lot that I don't know, and I'm not so good at taking it slow. I mean, I only took up archery in May and I'm so into it. I have all the gear [well, not all, I still have more to buy ;)] and go to the range a couple of times a week. I've fully immersed myself in the sport.

It'll be good though. I'm heading out in 3 weeks for 4 days and it's going to be a blast, whether I get a deer or not. It'd be better if I did, because I love me some deer, but I'm still going to love the experience.

No comments: