Saturday, March 11, 2006

Pots

Okay, so I have these pots that I got from a friend of my dad's. He commited suicide when I was in high school, and b/c my dad helped his wife with the funeral stuff, she gave him all his dishes. Which were given to me. The pots are these heavy ass cast iron things that annoy the fuck out of me. I like the fact that I can just put them in the oven, but they are so heavy, and take longer to cook than the thin steel ones.
So out of curiousity, I looked up the company name on the internet today. "Le Creuse" And find out that they are these high end fancy ass EXPENSIVE pots. Like my smallest pot is worth $99 US. How retarded is that? And I was just going to go and buy myself some new pots and give these away or something. Crazy... I still want new ones, but I like the fact that I have fancy french pots. :) Oh, and the plates and bowls and cups and shit? They are all this fine china stuff that I just use all the time. Hehehe. Now if only I could get some more tupperware instead of this cheap rubbermaid shit.

2 comments:

h said...

OK, more than just a little jealous of your Creuset wares. The place looks awesome. Well done.

Tari said...

YOU HAVE LE CREUSET POTS?! ...and happy belated new house!