Sunday, March 19, 2006

Worst Part of the Day

This is the worst part of the day. The final walk up the stairs for the night, leaving the quiet dark of the main floor, making sure all the doors are locked. Getting ready for bed, and turning off the light. Sliding into my big, empty bed. All alone. My brain a whirring, a million thoughts flowing through my head. The most prominent being lonliness.
It is nice that this place is becoming home. And the days are fine. It's the nights. That's when the lonliness hits me.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I totally relate. When I finally got to live on my own (after moving out at 16 to live with my boyfriend) I was exstatic! I had the top floor, could see for miles, had everything I wanted where I wanted it...but no one was there to enjoy it with me. That sure did suck. I ended up getting a body pillow. Now Steven's my body pillow =) BONUS POINTS TO HIM- he came with heat! WOOT. She'll be here in no time dude, so fart in bed while you can =P