Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Story of Life (Big News!!!)

Man meets woman. Man dates woman. Man marries woman. Man get to "know" woman. Man and woman are blessed with a little dude.

Well, we got the first four parts down, the last is in the works. :)

The details...well you don't need to know the details. People have sex and babies are made. :)

Bean, as we have so lovingly dubbed it, is due to join our world mid to late October. We don't know if it is a boy or a girl, and aren't sure if we will find out. There are only 2 hospitals in town that do ultrasounds and one of them, the catholic one, doesn't tell you. I'm not really sure why, but that's how it goes. If we do end up at the other one, I'm not sure if we'll find out. Mama Bean would like to, and I'm on the fence. Part of me doesn't want to know, while part of me thinks it would be awesome to find out ahead of time to allow for planning.

I've been doing a lot of "daddy blogging" since I found out, which I'll be posting over the next little while. And I'll also be updating with news and thoughts.

That's about it. We are really excited and looking forward to October. I'll be posting lots more in the coming months.

3 comments:

C Lo said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D


FWIW, there is a big industry today around ultrasounds, if you live near a big city it's highly likely there are private places you can pay to go and do a strictly "gender finding" U/S for you. FWIW, I did not find out with my first and it was a pretty cool moment when she came out and I found out who she was.

Nathan said...

F'ing awesome, congrats

Trivia Kari said...

So exciting!
I say wait to find out. After all, how gender-specific do you need to be when you're an infant? Plenty of time for planning and gender specificity later, I say.
Hoooraaaaay!