Monday, March 23, 2009

Under 230!

I haven't been doing so well in the counting points for weight watchers side of things, but I really do think the changes I've been making in my dietary habits are beginning to stick. I am definitely consuming less calories and eating less junk. I've been eating more veggies, and healthier food.

I have noticed in the past few days I've been slipping, so I think it is time to start counting again.

But....

I broke 230! Which means since mid January, I have dropped just over 20lbs. I think that's pretty decent. I wore an old pair of jeans that I haven't worn in about 4 years, and it felt so good. At times when I think of it, 20lbs seems like a lot. But other times it feels like 20lbs in 3 months isn't much at all. I'm hoping to drop 20 more by the end of June, in time for Jenelle's wedding and my parents visit.

I do think that will mean stepping it up on the aerobics front, as well as integrating some weight lifting into the mix. We've been doing this Fat Burning for Dummies video and it's been a blast. But it's starting to get old, and I need a new aerobics dvd. Any suggestions? :D I recently found out that I could get a gym membership for about $35/mo, or potentially get a Y membership for the 2 of us for $60/mo. So we'll see how things go when Mama Bean gets going with her practice. I'm noticing that as I'm losing weight that I lost a lot of the muscle mass I once had, and that makes me a little sad. So I'd like to get it back. And being skinnier, it will be easier to see the results.

So all in all, I feel pretty good about my weight loss. I've been healthy about it, and I feel good. I gotta keep it up and I'll be back into my size 38 pants in no time. :)

1 comment:

C Lo said...

dang! that's impressive.good job!