Sunday, April 26, 2009

Drinking

When I go out with friends, and drinking is involved, especially if I have my own, or someone elses, and I'm not paying an exorbitant amount at the bar, I find it very difficult to drink it moderation. I just want to get shit-faced. It is as though my whole body is longing for that feeling of absolute pure stupid drunkeness the is just before the drop off into puking. Even then puking just means I can keep drinking. Especially when it's something yummy like Malibu or Jagermeister.

I don't think this is a good thing.

4 comments:

SkippyMom said...

um...no, but does sound like fun for you :)

this post surprised me a little.

and do you know - I have never tasted jagermeister, what am I missing here?

selfrequiem said...

Judging a behavior should always be relative to a standard (to be meaningful).

The a health related standard for alcohol excess would be drinking despite the presence of serious negative consequences.

I wouldn't call puking serious, or even negative. Uncomfortable, yes.

Then again if you want to moralize the issue, there are several standards breached like gluttony or the golden mean.

I think you need to sit down, have a couple of shots, and decide for yourself.

C Lo said...

the older I've gotten, the harder it is to recover from being really drunk....that is enough to make me not do it. I like the nice little relaxed, light feeling after about two glasses of wine, that will be just right.

christopher said...

@skippymom: jagermeister is amazing. it's a german herbal liquor with a slight licorice taste. it's great with root beer. take 1 pint glass, fill up 1/3-1/2 with jag (start at 1/3 and as the night progresses you use more) and then top it off with A&W root beer and ice.

@selfrequiem: i think it's starting to become a morality issue. though maybe not even that. i think it is that i'm 26 and should be over that stage already.

@c lo: even after my heaviest nights of drinking, i've never been too hung over (or that means i didn't drink enough), but i can totally see the recovery being worse the older we get.