Friday, April 10, 2009

people read my stuff?

It is a very weird feeling to have someone you don't know read something you have written. For me anyway.

Earlier this week I wrote a post on abortion over at Twisted Christian. A touchy subject at the best of times, but an article I recently read touched a vein so I decided to write on it. What better way to start off a blog about Christians that don't fit the mold then to write about a topic like abortion.

So wrote a little post on the subject, and the article, and tried to remain composed and semi-intelligent about the subject. I wavered a bit at the end when I let some emotion spill over, but otherwise I think it is pretty decent. I look at it and think about all the things that I would change, like keeping a consistent theme, and maybe splitting it into two parts, one being about the blessing, and one being about love. And I think about how I would have reworded it and whatnot. I can be a bit of a perfectionist at times, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing.

So after I posted it, someone who reads my blog linked to it in her blog. This resulted in someone else linking to it from yet another blog; each with their own story or comments. When I saw that other people were reading what I wrote I instantly got butterflies in my stomach. REAL PEOPLE are reading what I wrote. Not that people that normally read my stuff aren't real, but this is what I wanted. I wanted to write things that would cause others to think and also write about it.

4 comments:

Stacey Sparshu said...

it's a good thing that you added that last bit about us regular readers being real people or I would have been sad.

SkippyMom said...

Believe me [at least me :D] your posts are poignant and do make me go "hmmmm"....

I have been thinking about your earlier post regarding Lent, but I have yet to come up with a coherent, intelligent thought to post a comment.

You are being read - and wonderfully/deservedly so.

Have a blessed Easter. My best to your family.

christopher said...

Thanks SkippyMom! You guys have a great easter too! Enjoy the corned beef and cabbage. ;)

And Miss Stacey, you guys are the reason I write in the first place. If I didn't have anyone to read my stuff, there wouldn't be a point to writing. :)

Stacey Sparshu said...

I think I'd still write! It's one way I think. Wonder what it means, then, that I've been posting less lately? Things that make you go "hmmmmm"