Sunday, April 05, 2009

Intense Friendships

Our church is a place where inense relationships exist, though I think that is a part of small church culture. Today we announced to our church family that we are pregnant, which brought a round of congratulations following the service. It also brought out the amazingness that is our church. We had a couple of offers of baby stuff, stroller, crib, clothes, etc... We've only been attending this church for just over 3 months and there is this amazing outpour of love. Now that is what church is all about.

This brings up another thing, the topic of "we" when referring to pregnancy. I keep referring to the pregnancy as Mama Bean being pregnant, and Mama Bean is due in October. Mama Bean asked me about it, and it seems weird to say, "We are pregnant" or "We are expecting and due in October." I think that is the proper terminology, but it feels funny to say. But I think I'll warm up to it. It's cool to think that we're pregnant, not just Jo. :)

No comments: