Wednesday, August 13, 2003

ready for school

I had a nice day off today. I finished all of my stuff for school, except getting my books. The booklist wasn't out yet, so I will have to do that next Wed. I got my laptop today though. It is so awesome. People in the program I am in receive the best laptops. So it is twice as good as my desktop. Even the screen is almost the same size. Plus it has a burner and DVD player. I am going to have so much fun with it. I was also informed that I will probably have the option to buy it out when I am finished my program, for about $500. That is a pretty awesome deal. I know it will be 2 years from now, and the laptop won't be exactly amazing, but still...

I went and talked to Mark (my old boss from the salon) today, and he said I can come back and work part-time. Probably just Fri nights and Saturdays, but that is awesome. It pays more than most other part-time jobs, and I enjoy doing it, so that is exciting.

My bus driver found a bomb in his car yesterday morning. It blew up part of the front end of his car and one of the front tires. Right here in Calgary. He was this old east Indian guy with a turban. Really friendly. He was telling us (the half dozen of us in the front of the bus) this story on my way home from work yesterday. It was amusing, yet scary. I didn't know there were car bombings here in Calgary.

It is Barbara's 23rd birthday today, and she leaves for school tomorrow. She has colored her hair so it is darker. Kinda auburn with slightly lighter highlights. It looks pretty good. That, and her nose stud, it is quite the difference. Amusing. 23 is such an awkward age. It isn't anything really. There isn't really any significance to it. It is just 23. Maybe because it is a prime number. Barbara and I were talking about it last night. How prime number birthdays seem kinda insignificant/awkward, except in the NWT, where 19 is the legal age, though I don't think anyone follows it anyway.

I am trying to decide whether or not I want to upgrade my account to a gold membership. I am just sitting here, typing this in notepad, with that screen in the background saying the servers are overloaded, and the only thing I can see on the screen is "Why can gold members still add entries?" and part of the reply.

My parents might help me get a gym membership at Gold's gym for the year as part of my birthday present (10 days away<23rd>). I think that would be pretty cool. It is 550 for the year, well for 15 months because they have a special on right now. It would be good for me. I have been losing some size, and that just isn't acceptable. Except my arms, I don't think they have shrunk. It is hard to tell if they have grown since I started painting, or it is just that the rest of me is shrinking (except for my growing middle), and my arms are staying the same. Either way, I am dying to get back to the gym and hitting the weights hardcore.

4 more days....

No comments: