Wednesday, May 04, 2005

And how many illegal aliens are working in the states with FAR less education than me?

Why do customs/immigration officers think they are hot shit? Why are they so arrogant as to beleive that their country is the best in the world, and that anyone coming into their country "obviously" wants to stay there and get a job, legal or not?
Mama Bean and I were detained at the border for more than an hour on Sunday afternoon on suspicision that upon allowing me to enter this amazing country of theirs, I might just decide to stay down here and get myself a job. Apparently because I just graduated, have no job, no permanent residence (liveing at home doesn't count), and my girlfriend is going to school down here. Now I have never been harassed crossing the border before, granted I've never done it in a car, but still...
They also proceeded to dig through my entire car, including all my clothes (messing them up, and wrinkling everything) I am not sure what they were looking for, or why they were so hell bent on making my life miserable.
I mean seriously, isn't that a little arrogant to think that just because they think I have nothing to go home to I'm going to try and become an illegal alien in their country?
You should have seen the look on the customs lady's face when, after grilling me about getting a job in the states, she asked me why I didn't want to get a job down here, and my subsequent response "Because I don't want to live in the States." It was priceless.
Stupid fucking U.S. Customs officers with nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon than to harass someone who is driving his girlfriend back to school, and just wants to hang out and visit for a couple of weeks.

No comments: