Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Star Wars Epidemic

So at 9:30 last night Mama Bean and I lined up at the theater for the midnight showing of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. And let me tell you, it was a geek convention out there. So many ppl dressed up, and I'm not just talking a few here, there were DOZENS of these guys and girls. They were having lightsaber battles and everything. I couldn't believe the number of ppl that were lined up. We got there two and a half hours early, and they had already filled up the lobby with ppl. We were about 25m from the doors. There were about 22 of us in a group (a bunch of ppl that Mama Bean goes to school with)
The line started moving at about eleven, and shortly after we got in the door, we saw this dude waving cash in the air saying "I've got 80 bucks for 2 tickets!" So of course, what do I do? I convince Mama Bean that we should sell our tickets. The only reason she is there is because I convinced her to come, and she has only seen The Return of the Jedi. I don't really care if I see the movie or not; I still haven't seen Episode II. I'm sure it is a good movie but right about then I'd rather go home and sleep.
So we made this dude's night, AND made $62 profit in the process (the tickets were $9 each). How awesome is that? We got to hang out with friends for a few hours, make some money, and go to bed earlier than if we had stayed and watched the movie. I just can't beleive the ppl that showed up for the movie and stood in line for hours. Ppl were out there with camping chairs, eating their Wal-mart-bought snacks, ppl sitting in circles playing cards, everyone just dorking it up really.
There were also quite a few ppl that dressed up, not as Star Wars characters, but as things like Gandalf, and some clowns. I don't quite understand the whole turning it into Halloween, or poking fun or whatever, but ppl did seem to enjoy themselves, and that makes it so much better.
Good times.

1 comment:

requiem said...

What a bunch of freaks. You made 62$ AMERICAN??? Wow. That should be almost enough money to pay off the border guards when they arrest you for mouthing them off (again).