Thursday, May 26, 2005

job prospects looking up

So since I'm not going to Kamloops for this Crossover trip I need to find a job. I sent out 15ish resumes today, and have received 2 responses. One from Dell in Edmonton, saying they will call in the next couple of days to do a pre-interview, and one from a company called Guest-Tek. I did a little pre-interview and have to go for a real interview and write a 40 question test on Monday. They deal with technical support for ppl staying in hotels that are trying to connect to the internet via the connections in the room. So I'm going to have to brush up a bit on my networking basics. I didn't do very wellin that class, so it'll take a little going over.
I've also started looking at places to rent here in Calgary (if i end up with a job in edmonton, then i guess it doesn't matter) but I've found a number of bachelor suites for about $550 which would be nice. So we'll see. Hopefully I hear back from more companies.

No comments: