Sunday, December 28, 2008

looking for new blogs

I follow too many mom blogs. Why can't I follow blogs of dudes (or dudettes) that are not hipster moms? Are there any out there? Are there dudes out there writing blogs that aren't pretentious? Because most of the ones I've found are, and I'm not sure a huge fan. I'm just looking for real folks, with real lives. :) They are fun to read about, to compare and contrast my life with and against.

I've been reading a number of blogs for a few years now, but they are either about waiters and stuff, which I know absolutely nothing about, and thus find fascinating, or mom blogs. Like this who used to write lots of stuff about pregnancy and shit and I was suddenly all opinionated about things like having your baby at home instead of in the hospital, or using a midwife and all that sorta stuff. Stuff that normal 26 year old guys aren't interested in. Who could I have a conversation with about the merits of a water birth with a midwife over the cold sterile atmosphere of a hospital? NO ONE. Even my wife looks at me funny when I have opinions and views on this kinda stuff. I read about it on a blog, did some further research and formed opinions. Nothing wrong with that, EXCEPT THAT IT IS ABOUT CHILD BIRTH. Which, although it is very important, shouldn't be something I am researching online when a baby isn't in our near future.

So yeah. If you know of any cool blogs that might interest me, I'd be happy to hear about them. I'll still continue to ready my "mom blogs," because I like following their lives, even though it's kinda weird in a stalkerish sort of way, but not really because it is totally innocent and shouldn't be at all creepy. That and I usually comment on all the blogs I read so people know that I am there. That makes it less creepy right? Well, whatever, I enjoy following the ones that I do read.

To sum it up: I'm looking for new blogs to read/follow that aren't "mom blogs." :)

3 comments:

The Best's said...

Steve Mcmillan who is the Pastor at Oak Park always posts interesting stuff I find. www.ponderthis.ca

Dave said...

Hi Chris,

I've got a very good friend with a great blog called 'Rumblings'. It's by a guy who is new to pastoring, pretty good about his theology (very thoughtful, and thought-provoking), and sometimes very funny.

He's a great guy - his name is Ryan Dueck. Used to go
to our church in Vancouver until he grad'ed from Regent. Now he's associate pastor. heh. Ass. pastor, like me. lol.

Well, there you go. Here's his site: http://rynomi.wordpress.com/

christopher said...

Thanks Tasha, I'll check it out.

Thanks Dave. I started reading it today, it's pretty cool. I like some of his ideas, and the discussions that take place in the comments section. I like his writing, and he's got cool things to say. It's definitely a good one.