Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sunday's Service

Following last week's dismal worship experience, Sunday's service at Central Baptist was a wonderful change of pace. It's the first time in a long time I've sat through a sermon that was truly thought provoking and had me stop and think. The music part wasn't really up my alley, but it really added to the service. The part that really brought it home for me was the prayer time. Part of it involved a prayer and response, like we used to do at Catholic Mass. The priest (or whomever is reading the prayer at the front) reads the prayer, and the congregation answers with some form of, "Lord, hear our prayer." we just did "Hear our prayer," and it was so nice. I find I pay more attention during communal prayer when there is a response instead of drifting away.

Suffice to say, it was an amazing service, and I can't wait to go back.

1 comment:

Stacey Sparshu said...

I'm really glad, Chris! That's great :)