Saturday, April 26, 2003

Am I missing something?

Does not having the urge to go and and get drunk make me an abnormality in today's society? Topher asked me yesterday, "So you really never have the urge to go out and get drunk?" No, I don't. Don't get me wrong, it isn't like I don't enjoy drinking, or even getting drunk for that matter. As long as I am still in partial control, and I don't end up puking, it is great. But I could have just as much fun going out drinking as I would if I were to say, go bowling. When Topher asked me, it really got me thinking. Am I strange? Does this make me less fun of a person? Am I missing something? I dunno...maybe it is just me?

How am I supposed to whip my ass into shape if it is 0 degrees with blowing snow at 74 km/h? It is colder here than it is in Yellowknife. I am supposed to be doing my physical on Fri. Maybe I am making a bigger deal of this than I should be, but it is nerve racking. I have to pass!

Tamara's boy seems pretty cool, though yes, almost too good to be true. He is good looking, has a good job, drives a Harley, is buff, dresses like a skater, and is a bit of a jock. Doesn't really seem like the type for her, but I hope things work out. He seems like a really nice guy. Not a pussy at all. I am impressed.

Later in the day:

ON my home from work today, I stepped in a puddle that came halfway up my calf. So I had to walk 4 blocks, through unplowed sidewalks, with freezing water in my shoe. And dress shoes don't let water out very well, so there was lots of slopping happening. And since the sidewalks weren't plowed I was slipping all over the place. It was brutal. Yay for the City of Calgary and keeping the sidewalks clear. Stupid snow

No comments: