Sunday, April 06, 2003

How do you love someone that doesn't love you?

So, we are supposed to live a life that is devoted to Christ. One that puts him before all others. We are supposed to live in His image as well. Caring, compassionate, forgiving.

It sounds so easy. But when put into practice, it is a daunting task.

It is tough to forgive someone when you know they aren't sorry, or couldn't care less. Or talk to someone, for the lack of a better word, nicely, when they are anything but.

I am being trying to do this lately. See things in a kinder light. Not judge. Forgive.

But what is the difference between living in Christ and being walked over? How are you supposed to love someone that shows you no respect? I am really trying. I just feel like I am getting walked over. When feelings/actions are not reciprocated, or even acknowledged, it hurts.

For the most part I can deal with it. Draw from this near-endless supply of patience that I have been blessed with. It is draining though, and I feel as though I begin to slack off in other areas of my life. Work, relationships, physical activity.

I think I am just tired. I haven't had a good sleep in over a week. Maybe this week.

On another note...

Meatloaf is on his final tour. I have to go see him, but I don't even have enough money to go to school. But it is his last tour! I will never have a chance to see him again. How sad is that. So far he is only playing eastern u.s dates and europe. That is alot of money. $700 or so. I can't afford that. But...

No comments: