Thursday, April 17, 2003

Conditional Acceptance

I have now received a conditional offer of employment with the Canadian Primary Reserves. Yay! Conditional on the results from my medical (next week), and my physical (sometime in may). So Yay! The aptitude test was harder than I thought it would be. The part on vocabulary was brutal. There were about 4 of the 15 words that I had never heard or read before. The spacial ability part was decent, but there are severe time constraints, which makes it stressful. The math part was difficult to get into since I haven't done math in a long time. I dind't have time to do 3 of the questions, once again due to lack of time. The interviewer guy said I did really well on the test though, so I guess it wasn't all that bad. He did say I should step up my fitness routine, just to make sure I am ready for basic. I watched some videos on basic today. It was really cool. It is going to be lots of fun. People yelling and me, throwing my stuff around. *smile* They can't call me names or swear at me, but I think it will be enjoyable anyway. Not quite as glorified as the movies, but enough. I can't wait.

It is going to be really tough being away from Mama Bean for 8 weeks, and I don't know yet how often we will get to talk. That is going to be difficult. Everything will work out though.

I just got this book called "Word Smart" from the Princeton Review. It is for building an educated vocabulary. I am going to have some fun with it.

So, my word of the day:

Parsimonious (pahr suh MOH nee us) adj stingy

No comments: